Land Survey Technician
|ID: 37812||Location: Bethlehem, PA|
|Discipline: Survey/Laser Scanning||Posted Date: 12/28/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan has an opening for a Survey Technician in our Bethlehem, PA office. This individual will serve a key function as a Party Chief in collecting field data and information related to the preparation of survey maps and CAD files. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on small and large-scale projects including, but not limited to commercial, big box, warehouse, shopping center, and residential projects.
- Collect field data for preparation of surveys by using surveying equipment (GPS, Total Station, level, data collector, etc.);
- Recovery of survey control and monumentation;
- Construction layout, including setting stakes;
- Obtain invert and subsurface utility information;
- Gather photo documentation of the project area; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred);
- Possess a minimum of 5 years related survey fieldwork and drafting experience;
- Ability to operate field equipment including Total Stations, Data Collectors, and GPS;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work with co-workers and managers;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends. Position requires some travel.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.