Environmental Permitting and Compliance Engineer or Scientist
|ID: 38481||Location: Bethlehem, PA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Permitting and Compliance Engineer or Scientist to join its collaborative team in either Philadelphia, PA, Doylestown, PA, Bethlehem, PA, New York, NY, White Plains, NY, Parsippany, NJ, Lawrenceville, NJ, New Haven, CT, or Boston, MA. This individual will serve a key function in leading and supporting multimedia environmental compliance and permitting projects, including technical report writing, preparation of calculations and regulatory reports, preparation of permit applications, and on-site inspections and support. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with top industry leadership in a continuous learning environment.
- Preparation of permits and compliance programs for multiple environmental media, including air, wastewater, stormwater, waste, spill prevention and storage tanks, EPCRA (Tier II, TRI);
- Support for air projects, focusing on emissions calculations, permit preparation, NESHAP/NSPS compliance, annual reporting (Title V, GHG, etc.), emissions monitoring, stationary and mobile source air modelling, and other air quality related tasks;
- Perform multi-media environmental compliance audits, gap assessments, inspections, and program reviews;
- Develop and support implementation and management of various monitoring and spill prevention and contingency plans/programs (SPCC, FRP, SPR, SWPPP, Hazardous Waste Contingency Plans, TOMP, Slug Control, etc.);
- Preparation of technical documents including reports, plans/programs, permit applications, and other written deliverables;
- Conduct field support at client sites including routine site inspections, collection of samples, and on-call support; and
- Perform other field and office duties as requested.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental, Chemical or other engineering science, Environmental Science, or closely related field;
- 1 to 8 years of experience working in environmental permitting and regulatory compliance, preferably in a consulting environment;
- FE/EIT or other professional certification a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and other related software; experience with air modeling software a plus;
- Reliable transportation to access remote job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.