|ID: 38561||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Human Resources||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Training Specialist to join its team at its Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ; this role while, assigned to the Parsippany office, offers great workplace flexibility within a highly collaborative environment. This individual will serve a key function in supporting the design and delivery of Firm-wide training programs and events. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with Langan’s Training Manager and business leaders to drive learning & development strategies that align with organizational objectives.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with managers or instructors;
- Drive the instructional design of training materials and ancillary documents (slides, workbooks, handouts, facilitation guides, etc.);
- Maintain Langan’s corporate training calendar, mailbox and SharePoint site;
- Deliver training to employees using a variety of instructional techniques;
- Evaluate ongoing programs and related content to ensure that they reflects any changes;
- Work with presenters to develop dynamic and impactful training programs;
- Moderate firm-wide webinars;
- Deliver learning & development new hire orientation;
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in learning and development; and
- Maintain records of learning and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 4 to 7 years of experience designing, delivering and evaluating training needs pre/post assessments, developing effective training programs and materials, and presenting course materials in a formal training environment;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Internet research;
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Graphic design experience using Adobe Suite desirable;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team; and
- Sound judgment capability and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.