Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist
|ID: 38701||Location: Parsippany, NJ|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 10/19/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist to join its collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function assisting with the management and coordination of project tasks; preparing reports, work plans and remedial strategies. There will be project related office work and occasional field work. In this role, you will have cross-disciplinary opportunities that involve Environmental, Geotechnical or Site/Civil Engineering working in a continuous learning environment.
- Evaluate site data and prepare investigative scopes of work, data management and interpretation;
- Work with regulators; and perform soil, groundwater, environmental investigations and develop conceptual site models;
- Office experience with scheduling, technical report writing and field work coordination; and
- Organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or Science or related field;
- 4 to 8 years of related GeoEnvironmental experience related to site investigations and remediation projects;
- Knowledge of New York and New Jersey environmental regulations (NYSDEC/NJDEP);
- Experience with in situ and ex situ remediation strategies;
- Experience with geotechnical field investigations and reporting;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Experience with AutoCAD, GIS modeling and other mapping software;
- Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation access to remote job site locations;
- Availability to travel overnight if necessary; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.