Senior Environmental Project Manager
|ID: 38716||Location: Dallas, TX|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager to join its collaborative team in Dallas, TX. This individual will serve a key function in managing environmental/engineering projects and proposals, conducting engineering research and analysis, and supervising field investigations and laboratory analysis. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help fuel the growth of the Texas market, with the backing of a well-established firm.
- Perform complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering and environmental projects;
- Supervise field activities and ensure correct interpretations of findings. Ensure that data collection and laboratory analyses are completed correctly, within budget, and on time;
- Manage and deliver on multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Prepare progress reports and draft change orders. Prepare draft invoices, project billings, and assist in payment collections;
- Effectively organize, write, and edit reports, draft proposals, and other documents;
- Participate in the identification and pursuit of new clients, learn to develop additional work within an existing project and attend business development meetings with new and existing clients;
- Provide direct oversight and management of junior staff for specific project assignments. Coach, train, and motivate staff assigned to Environmental projects. Participate in interviewing and hiring staff;
- Coordinate other work groups within the same or different office locations and/or within the same or different disciplines on an as-needed basis;
- Interface effectively and professionally with clients, contractors, subcontractors, staff, project personnel, supervisors, and others. Actively participate in internal and external technical presentations and produce written articles for internal and external publications; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology or Science; Master’s degree with Environmental emphasis;
- Texas PE certification;
- 10+ years of work related experience;
- Strong people, project, and client management skills;
- Knowledge of quantitative/technical analyses and related software;
- Comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements;
- Excellent public speaking, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.