Geotechnical Project Engineer or Manager
|ID: 38762||Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 12/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Project Engineer or Manager to join its collaborative team in our San Francisco, San Jose, or Oakland, CA offices. This individual will serve a key function in providing geotechnical engineering expertise through geotechnical analysis and design, and efforts that support management of projects, supervision of staff engineers, and interfacing with clients. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of engineering professions on a wide variety of challenging project types ranging from high-rises, stadiums and arenas, to multi-family, logistics, and alternative energy projects.
- Perform complex analyses, structural design of pile elements and underpinning systems, and special engineering inspections;
- Prepare technical documents and manages the preparation of the proposals, reports, construction documents, and construction-related correspondence associated with the projects managed;
- Supervise field investigations, and conventional earthwork and foundation construction activities;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Plans, schedules and develops task and project budgets. Prepare progress reports, draft change orders, draft invoices, and project billings; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer license, preferably a California PE license;
- 5 to 10 years of related Geotechnical experience; California experience is strongly desired;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred;
- Proven experience in preparing technical reports, specifications, construction plans, and geotechnical recommendations; writing proposals; running/coordinating projects; managing clients; managing billings; and reviewing the work of staff and mentoring staff;
- Ideally will possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction observation experience including: mass grading, deep foundations, subgrade for footings, ground improvement, and excavation support including tieback installation and testing;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multi-tasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to log borings and perform observation during construction projects;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites or attend client meetings and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Local candidates preferred.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.