Human Resource Generalist
|Discipline: Human Resources||Posted Date: 11/30/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Human Resource Generalist to join its collaborative team in Houston, TX. This individual will serve a key function in providing comprehensive human resource services to Langan’s Texas offices, including full lifecycle recruitment activities, supporting employee lifecycle programs, general human resource programs, and policy and process execution. In this role, you will have the opportunity to function as a human resource partner to a rapidly expanding and key geographic region.
- Interface with Texas and Colorado office management to provide full lifecycle recruiting support consistent with business and office needs. Assist Talent Acquisition Team and management with the execution of the Summer Internship / Co-op program for the Texas and Colorado offices;
- Generate new hire paperwork, as well as employee status change notifications for the Texas and Colorado offices; ensure efficient processing of transactions;
- Conduct new hire orientation meetings for the Texas and Colorado offices, including overview of company policies and procedures, culture, core values, and benefit plans;
- Administer the Onboarding program for the Texas and Colorado offices. Conduct analyses of feedback from the Off-boarding program;
- Collaborate with Senior Corporate HR Manager to provide services to local leadership regarding employee lifecycle programs and processes;
- Interact with employees and management communicating Human Resource policies, programs, procedures, and government regulations. Collaborate with members of the Corporate Human Resources Department on projects, programs and day-to-day initiatives and activities;
- Remain current on federal, state and local employment law; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree; coursework relating to HR a plus;
- 4+ years of human resource experience and 2+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience;
- Experience with employment practices, recruitment and human resource policies and procedures;
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and the discretion to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively and efficiently;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities; and
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and within groups.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.