Geotechnical Project Engineer/Manager
|ID: 39501||Location: Arlington, VA|
|Discipline: Geotechnical||Posted Date: 11/29/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Project Engineer/Manager to join its collaborative team in Arlington, VA. This individual will serve a key function in providing geotechnical engineering expertise through geotechnical analysis and design, management of projects, supervision of staff engineers, and interfacing with clients. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of engineering professionals on a wide variety of challenging project types both locally and internationally.
- Prepare technical reports, specifications, and construction documents for projects managed;
- Perform routine and complex geotechnical analyses and foundation design;
- Supervise and train staff completing technical analyses, field investigations, and construction oversight activities;
- Review work product prepared by staff;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines.
- Plan, schedule, and develop task and project budgets. Prepare and manage project billings;
- Conduct reviews and manage construction administration services for projects managed; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Master’s degree with Geotechnical emphasis preferred;
- 6 to 8 years of related experience in geotechnical engineering, local DC/MD/VA experience preferred;
- Possess valid US Professional Engineer licensure;
- US Citizenship required;
- Strong understanding of local codes and other regulatory requirements preferred;
- Knowledge of quantitative/technical geotechnical analyses and related software;
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion;
- Strong writing skills for technical documents and correspondence;
- Keen attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Possess an entrepreneurial and professional demeanor, as well as strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills;
- Long-term desire and ability to seek out new business opportunities and develop additional clients as part of career growth;
- Demonstrated ability to work with staff, clients, and regulatory agencies; and
- Willingness and desire to coach, train, and mentor staff.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.