Environmental Engineer, Geologist or Scientist
|ID: 39582||Location: Arlington, VA|
|Discipline: Environmental||Posted Date: 12/02/2021|
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Geologist or Scientist to join its collaborative Arlington, VA office. This individual will serve a key function in environmental investigations including, but not limited to Phase I and II ESAs; contaminated site investigation and remediation; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing, and evaluation; and report preparation. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn are essential.
- Perform field activities, site visits and environmental investigations;
- Perform air, soil, soil gas, and groundwater sampling and remediation of contaminated properties;
- Field observation of remediation activities and subcontractors;
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and plans; data management and evaluation; and environmental assessment and remediation; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Science; Master’s degree preferred;
- Prior relevant internship or professional work experience preferred;
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA;
- GIT or EIT Certification preferred;
- Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation access to remote job site locations; and
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and work outdoors in variable weather conditions as needed.
- Availability to work overtime and as needed.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.