Hecht Warehouse Redevelopment
Langan provided geotechnical engineering services to assist in the redevelopment of the historic Hecht warehouse into a mixed-use development. Known as one of the most significant art deco commercial buildings in the region, warehouse served as the company’s central warehouse from its construction in 1937 and expansion in 1948. Langan performed a series of geotechnical borings throughout the property to assess the subsurface conditions. The study also included a review of historic foundation drawings for the warehouse structure that was built in 1937 and its 1985 addition.