St. Joseph’s Redevelopment
Located in Oakland’s Fruitvale District neighborhood, St. Joseph’s introduces a mixed-use, multi-generational campus to what once was an underutilized and dilapidated historic site, which included a 1912 church and convent. The new development consists of 146 affordable housing units for families and senior citizens and 3,200 SF of commercial space. Langan conducted a geotechnical investigation for the renovation of the historic structure and provided geotechnical services during design and construction of the renovation. In addition, we performed a geotechnical investigation for the new apartment building.
2015 Global Award for Excellence by the Urban Land Institute