Brooklyn Navy Yard – Building 77
Built in 1942 for the United States Navy’s operations during WWII, Building 77 exclusively functioned as a warehouse until 2010. Standing at 18 stories and roughly 1,000,000 SF, it is the largest building on the Brooklyn Navy Yard’s 300-acre campus. Today, the building has been transformed into a mix of co-working, commercial, and a light industrial hub that supports the ongoing redevelopment of the Brooklyn Navy Yard as an urban manufacturing complex and spurring economic development. Langan provided site/civil, geotechnical, and environmental engineering services during the renovation.
2018 Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, Building Brooklyn Award for Economic Impact